Cant connect to satellite X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-22 20:33:38 - last edited 2022-11-22 20:35:07
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My flat mate and I have just purchase an X20 AX1800 Who;e Home Mesh kit.

He set up the primary unit into the modem and created the account however after plugging in the 2 additional units I can not see them or connect to them.

I can however see the primary unit that he set up and is connected to the router but he has password protected that,

Can you help please?

Is this because he set it up on his account and does he have to give my devices network access???

Just guessing.

T I A

Dave

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cant connect to satellite X20
2022-11-23 00:30:19 - last edited 2022-11-23 00:31:25

@Davie_Mac,

Did your roommate setup the satellite nodes on his Deco App also? The satellite nodes need to be connected and configured using the same account that was used to configure the main mesh node. The satellite mesh nodes will only automatically connect under two conditions, that the nodes were purchased in a pack, and that the satellite nodes are powered within two minutes of setting up the first node. Otherwise, you will have to configure the mesh nodes through the regular setup methods.

Either way, the mesh nodes will share a SSID and password, so to connect to the network, you will have to use the same login information as the main mesh node. If the devices are setup and are showing a green light, then the network is configured already, and you just need to use the login information to access the network. Each node will not appear as a separate network unless it is configured in the Deco App as such.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 141

Replies: 1