5G networks keep dropping on Archer AXE75

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-04 19:42:03
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20220405 rel.80113

I am experiencing issues with the 5 Ghz network suddenly just dropping while the 2.4 Ghz network is still working on the AXE5400 (Archer AXE75) router, Anything that was connecting to the 5 GHz will stop working all of a sudden, sometimes a reboot will fix the issue but it's very inconsistent. I did have another AXE5400 that was also having the issue but it resolved itself somehow but it was having issues with speed which the swap one resolved.  Does anyone else have issues with their 5 GHz like that? Is is something wrong with the firmware causing the issue?

Options
5 Reply
Re:5G networks keep dropping on Archer AXE75
2022-12-05 18:30:49

@bluefire3648,

Unexpected Behaviors like this are most often the result of a setting within the router that is conflicting with either your connection from your ISP, or your environment. I would first recommend trying to change the channels and maybe even the channel width of the 5Ghz band. There are specific parts of the 5Ghz band that are only allowed for consumer use when there is no other traffic on the frequency around. Routers will automatically switch channels when a conflicting signal is found. 

If you use a Wi-Fi analyzer app on your phone, does the current channel show as being overly crowded?

Options
2022-12-07 04:48:37
I already went through the channels and changed it to a less crowded channel but the issues with the 5 Ghz still occurs.
Options
2022-12-08 02:46:46

@bluefire3648 

Which channel did you use?

How many devices are connected to the 5G network, and what are they? How about the 2.4G and wired connection, are they both stable?

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-12-08 19:36:49 - last edited 2022-12-08 19:37:10

Channel 120.

5G has maybe around 10 +or so at most which are mostly computer, android TV and cell/tablets. 2G is mostly smart devices like light bulbs and stuff which is probably around 20-30 devices. When the 5G goes down , the 2G and wired will still be stable and have no issues.

Options
2022-12-09 01:34:15

@bluefire3648,

Channel 120 in the 5Ghz spectrum is reserved for communications of weather stations, all routers and APs are required to shut down their radios if there is another signal detected on the same channel. You will want to look up DFS channels to see what other channels, may have the same limitation; as different frequencies are used for different things such as traffic management or emergency signals. 

If there is no signal while you are configuring/starting your network; you will be allowed to activate the 5Ghz network; however when a conflicting signal from an official source is detected, the router or AP will shut down the band, and begin performing a channel scan. Only after which will the network begin broadcasting. This can often take up to 20 minutes to fully recover from something like this occurring.

Try trying other channels for the 5ghz network to see if this is happening to your network.

Options