TP deco link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP deco link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP deco link
TP deco link
2022-12-04 20:23:47

Hi, can anyone help I have just moved into a new home and this TP Deco Link device is here? Im not technically savy so any help would be greatful? Im used to just using my countries wifi networks. 
Ive no idea why they would have left this as they are expensive, the adjoining neighbour said that is the second person to not take it (as it shows up on the neighbours iphone settings) would it be that its hard wired that the previous two owners didn't take it? Its such an expensive piece of kit I can't figure out why they didn't take it and I can't really see it??? im so confused I thought you just plugged these things in but I cant see nothing plugged in? Thank you 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP deco link
2022-12-05 18:11:25

@butterfly2022,

Can you try and figure out what model of device you are looking at for me?

If it is an ISP product, it may be your modem and router portion of your network, however, I suspect that it is simply one of our Deco Mesh Routers.

To make use of one of our routers, you still need to plug the device in via an Ethernet cable. Your ISP should help when you are activating the service for your home. 

Lastly, who is your ISP and what type of service are you receiving? If you are using a fiber connection, your 'Modem" will be in the form of an ONT, usually attached to the exterior of your home.

When you are trying to setup the node, make sure that you perform a factory reset of the device before starting, that way any information or settings from the previous owner will be reset.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 113

Replies: 1

Related Articles