During setup, I can't get past the "Looking for Deco" screen

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-12 16:48:22 - last edited 2022-12-12 18:27:14
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

During the setup using the DECO app, I can't get past the "Looking for Deco" screen. The unit is blinking blue and is working since I can find it on my WiFi list and connect to it. But I cannot get past the Looking for Deco screen to name my network or change settings. I have swapped out the units for a different one (I have the 3 pack) and I have tried using a few phone and a tablet to do the setup. PLEASE HELP! I have no WiFi since my router died and this is the replacement. I don't want to send it back and get something else but I have to get WiFi up and running. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:During setup, I can't get past the "Looking for Deco" screen-Solution
2022-12-12 17:32:26 - last edited 2022-12-12 18:27:14

@Thuemmler,

I would first recommend going to the settings on your phone, and find the Deco app at the bottom of the screen.

There will be additional permissions that may have not been properly enabled for the app, such as Bluetooth or Location permissions.

Also make sure that you have disabled any sort of adblocking or VPN software on your phone as this can affect the process. While it often affects our Smart Home device setup, you could also try to disable the Private addressing setting for your device when you are connected to the Deco Wi-Fi.

If you are using Android, and the Looking for Deco Screen does not appear to be animated, try this solution until a fix is officially pushed to the next app update:

1. Turn off the Remove animation feature on Settings Accessibility.

2. Set the Animator duration scale to Animation scale 1x if the phone has enabled the Developer options

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:During setup, I can't get past the "Looking for Deco" screen
2022-12-12 17:27:45 - last edited 2022-12-12 17:28:50

@Thuemmler I'm having the same issue this morning trying to add a forth X55 too a network of three set up months ago. I will post here if I figure it out.

Options
Re:During setup, I can't get past the "Looking for Deco" screen-Solution
2022-12-12 17:32:26 - last edited 2022-12-12 18:27:14

@Thuemmler,

I would first recommend going to the settings on your phone, and find the Deco app at the bottom of the screen.

There will be additional permissions that may have not been properly enabled for the app, such as Bluetooth or Location permissions.

Also make sure that you have disabled any sort of adblocking or VPN software on your phone as this can affect the process. While it often affects our Smart Home device setup, you could also try to disable the Private addressing setting for your device when you are connected to the Deco Wi-Fi.

If you are using Android, and the Looking for Deco Screen does not appear to be animated, try this solution until a fix is officially pushed to the next app update:

1. Turn off the Remove animation feature on Settings Accessibility.

2. Set the Animator duration scale to Animation scale 1x if the phone has enabled the Developer options

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-12-12 17:39:11

@Riley_S 

Riley_S wrote

This fixed it for me, thank you!

Options
2022-12-12 18:04:16

Yep - that fixed it for me too!

Options
2022-12-12 18:04:28

THANKS!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0