X20 cannot get speeds above 29MBPS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-19 20:19:33
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 build 20210121 rel 54794

I have my deco x20 hooked up by hardwire  to a Comcast xfiniti xifi router. The deco link is set up in router mode.The xifi is on its wifi network the decos are on their own wifi network. 

My speed tests on the xifi are 897 Mbps down and 30 up. But I cannot get anything higher than 30 Mbps on any device connected by wifi to any deco. Why is this? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:X20 cannot get speeds above 29MBPS
2022-12-21 18:02:11

@Tiberius777,

From what it sounds like, you are running two routers on one network, which will often cause conflicts and stability issues. If your Deco Network are Downstream from your router, then the Deco nodes need to either be set up in Access Point Mode, or your xfinity device needs to be placed in Bridge/IP Passthrough Mode. Placing the devices in AP mode will cause the devices to work as an extension of your Xfininty network,  while Router Mode will provide all features and will create/manage its own network.

The easiest solution is to place the Decos in AP Mode, however many of the mesh and management features will then be lost. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 269

Replies: 1

Related Articles