Deco X60 System - Adding new ethernet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-20 08:52:45
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi,

My 3 nodes of X60 are operating properly. Now, I want to add a switch to connect a printer and PC as the following diagram:

5faadcef7a274bc88f530e9cfd0abb30

Do you have any ideas if it will work?

Thanks

L.V

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco X60 System - Adding new ethernet connection
2022-12-20 18:13:01

@L.V,

You should have absolutely no problem with this setup. This is actually how we recommend adding client devices to the satellite nodes.

In the setup shown, you should be able to use any switch without issue. I would recommend, if you haven't made your purchase already, looking into the difference between unmanaged and managed switches. Managed switches provide a user interface to configure/manage the ports, while unmanaged simply work as a passthrough. Both will work, however I usually recommend getting a managed switch as it makes troubleshooting connections far easier.

Options
2022-12-21 21:50:26

@L.V 

Not to contradict Riley, but unless you are Network savvy, I would recommend a non-managed Switch. 

Options
2022-12-22 20:16:36

@Riley_S Yes, It works for me.

But, I had an issue when I added my NAS with the assigned IP Address of 192.168.1.100/24, I don't want to change this static IP Address. This subnet is different from the subnet of Deco System (192.168.68.x).

Do you know how can I add the routing?

Thanks

L.V

Options
2022-12-22 20:17:58
Options
2023-01-03 23:08:39

@L.V,

While it may be possible, the fact that the NAS is on a separate Subnet may prevent the connections as our Deco products do not have the option to manage multiple subnets; multiple subnet configurations are most often found in business setups for cross-department communications and are typically reserved for Traditional Routers, or Enterprise Grade Access Points.

I believe that your easiest fix, other than changing the IP settings on the NAS, would be to change the range from the Deco App to include this; however, any other assignments already made may be affected.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 5

Related Articles