When Guest WIFI is ALSO on, my TP-link switches change to Guest and don't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-30 22:54:42 - last edited 2022-12-30 23:47:51
Tags: #Wifi
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is there a way to set our HS200's so they will only lock to my wifi network and not jump onto GUEST wifi when that is turned on? I notice that on the occasions I turn my GUEST wifi on, along with my regular wifi, many of my HS200's don't see my regular wifi and go RED.

Options
2 Reply
Re:When Guest WIFI is ALSO on, my TP-link switches change to Guest and don't work
2023-01-06 19:16:56

@Jccr,

Does your guest Wi-Fi have the same SSID as the regular Wi-Fi, if this is the case, the devices may be connecting to that network and being blocked from seeing other devices on the network.

Do the devices recover after a short while?

I would recommend trying to set up the devices while the guest network is enabled, the network settings on the devices can be reset using a soft reset, which will keep the device name, location, and automation. 

Setting an IP reservation in your rotuer may help to create a stable connection to the router.

Lastly, is there a large distance between the devices and the router, like would the guest network potentially cause enough interference that would prevent it.

Options
Re:When Guest WIFI is ALSO on, my TP-link switches change to Guest and don't work
2023-01-06 19:21:19

@Riley_S No the SSID is different on our guest network. But, what a good idea about setting them up with the guest network turned on. Thank you for that. I wil ltry it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 232

Replies: 2

Tags

Wifi
Related Articles