Deco network connects but says it has no internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-01 19:46:17
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought a 2 Deco X90 system a few months back. I installed them, set up the network, and everything worked great up until a few weeks ago.

A few weeks ago, the main network started having issues with some wifi clients. So here's the breakdown.

1. All ethernet connections have internet access and nothing appears to do wrong.
  2. Most wifi connections are fine but some, roughly 25%, state that they are connected to the main network but it does not have internet access.
  3. That same 25% can connect to the guest network and everything works fine. (Except they no longer have access to things like printers on the main network.)
  4. The 25% that say they are connected but without internet do not appear to be connected at all. They don't show up as a client in the Deco app and they cannot see things like my Sonos or Printer on the LAN. Things in the house that internet access shouldn't effect at all.

I have the easy things, rebooting the wifi devices that can't get internet, rebooting the individual Decos, rebooting the network, powering down everything and bringing it back up in order. Powering down everything fixed the problem for almost 24 hours then it went right back to the way it was. Rebooting the a given Deco occcasionally makes everything work for a couple of hours.

My Deco 90 says the firmware is up to date with version 1.1.4 Build 20221114 Rel. 50649.

What I notice under the "New Device Detected" list is that the devices that are working show a name, a MAC address, IP, Download and Upload Speeds all above the "Family Member" button. For the devices that state they are connected but have no internet there is the name and MAC address. No IP or Download/Upload section. Clearly without an IP they aren't really connected.

The Decos do no show the clients as blocked and I've tried removing them from the list of devices and reconnecting. Upon reconnection I've given them Priority. Still, these devices can occasionally get connected to the main network but after a few hours the connection drops. Only the guest network is stable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 15

Views: 929

Replies: 0

Related Articles