CES 2023: New and Featured Deco Lineup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-05 21:47:44 - last edited 2024-01-04 23:46:56

New and Featured Deco Models at CES 2023

With the official launch of Wi-Fi 7, PoE compatibility, and weatherproof models,  TP-Link’s Deco Line of Products has expanded exponentially. While it is easy to get lost in the technical specifications and speeds of the newest devices, there are many new additions that are worth taking note of, such as the new designated IoT network, Matter protocol compatibility, and a new HomeShield 3.0 experience bringing many of our community’s most requested features to reality.

At CES 2023, TP-Link featured 5 of our newest Deco Models for the United States:

Wi-Fi 7 Models

Deco BE95 (Preorders Available Now)

Deco BE85 (Coming Soon)

Deco BE65 (Coming Soon)

Wi-Fi 6 Models (Available Now)

Deco PX50

Deco X50-PoE

While it is easy to get lost in the technical specifications and speeds of the newest devices, there are many new additions that are worth taking note of, such as the new designated IoT network, Matter protocol compatibility, and a new HomeShield 3.0 experience bringing many of our community’s most requested features to reality.

Learn More about TP-Link’s Entire CES Product Lineup

Learn More About The New Deco Experience

*CES is a Global Event, any Products Announced and marked "Coming Soon" are not guaranteed to be released in the United States, and specifications may differ from the final product.

Options
3 Reply
Re:CES 2023: New and Featured Deco Lineup
2023-01-09 11:19:32

@Riley_S 

Will " Matter protocol compatibility " be extended to any existing devices via a firmware update?

Options
2023-01-09 17:33:01

@Holocron,

We really do not have too much information about what the future of the matter protocol will look like. While the priority for matter devices will be primarily placed on new devices to start, I can imagine that we will hear more about the plans for the protocol and older devices as the matter protocol is implemented and developers/engineers can see how to work with the protocol.

In terms of our Deco Routers, I would imagine that the device will not be upgraded to support the matter protocol, unless it is a Smart Home Deco such as the M5. Many of our Smart Home-focused Decos, feature Bluetooth and Zigbee Antennas, which is the basis of the Matter Protocol. Decos without these antenna will be restricted to controlling devices over the wireless network.

Options
2023-02-24 15:37:34

Not interested since I've spent 2 years trying to change the channel on my x3600 that interferes with my sound system. What I've learned over the years is that TP-Link is oblivious to the 100s of threads here demanding this simple function.

The network optimization feature is a total hoax. It never changes channels.

Going back to Orbi most likely.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 961

Replies: 3