What's to be done?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

What's to be done?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
What's to be done?
What's to be done?
2023-01-06 23:11:56
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a 2 story house + finished basement (which is where my cable modem is) it is medium size but spread out 3 additions and a garage. At the moment I'm using 5 M5's and 5 M4's. What's a cost effective way to forward?  I see the X55 on sale but what can it do for me? Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:What's to be done?
2023-01-10 01:47:47

@ruddell4,

It would depend what you are looking for and what your network's needs are. One thing to note, unless you are on a super wide swathe of land, I am inclined to believe that you have too many decos connected to your network. The maximum recommended is 10, but your connection may suffer if any of the nodes are too close together or they are creating Daisy-Chain backhauls.

The best way to move forward, is to simply look at upgrading the main node of the network. This will force the network to use the management features of the main node, and will also result in the processing for your network to take place on a more powerful device. 

What do you usually use your network for? Do you have a lot of devices? Smart Devices? Do you stream HQ movies? 

There are features that may be of extra use on different models, such as having Smart Home Integrations with Kasa, or the implementation of a network specific to smart devices. 

Options