Some computers randomly have terrible performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-07 03:24:09
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have no idea what the hardware version is.  The bottom of the tower says V1.8.  Firmware, no idea.  My app has almost zero information.

I am beyond frustrated trying to fix my internet issues so I got the P9 in hopes it would work.  Yesterday it worked fine.  Now I have random issues.  For instance, all towers are showing WHITE LEDS solid.  But my goofy app is telling me one of them is offline.  I don't understand that. 

The major issue is that randomly, some computers will just become unusably slow in terms of internet.  My desktop reports 70mpbs, but the room literally nextdoor will report the same, and randomly, like right now, its at 1.7mpbs.  I have reset everything I can think of, unplugged, replugged, etc.  All PC running windows 10. 

It makes zero sense and I have no idea how to troubleshoot since the app software gives me no info.

How can I get this to work reliably?  How do I troubleshoot?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Some computers randomly have terrible performance
2023-01-13 10:49:51

@Agdodge4x4 

Hi, I think you could check whether P9 units are always on powerline backhual when your PC speed is only 1.7m/s. maybe it has dropped to wireless backhaul.

And it is also suggested to turn off 2.4ghz in case it randomly decided to pick up 2.4ghz.

Options
Re:Some computers randomly have terrible performance
2023-01-13 15:26:53

@Heidi_Alp That sounds like a good idea but I don't know exactly what you mean.  You mean turn off the 2.4GHZ on the main mesh but not the others?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 187

Replies: 2

Related Articles