Deco x55 - 2 unitrs - should they both be listed under the same Network Name?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-09 16:54:58
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have this 2 unit system. When I set up the second unit, I gave it a different nw name. However, when I open the list of available networks, it only shows the first unit.

Is it correct that both units be listed under one name or should both units be listed.

If both names should appear, how do I correct this as I already gave the second unit a name that doesn't show up?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco x55 - 2 unitrs - should they both be listed under the same Network Name?
2023-01-10 00:09:01

@Zonegate5,

The Deco X55 is a part of our Deco Mesh System, where all nodes, regardless of the model, are designed to work with each other out of the box with little to no configuration.

In a mesh network, all the nodes and bands will be combined into one wireless name(SSID). The nodes will then automatically work with each other to move your phone from node to node depending on the best connection.

If you would like a separate SSID to appear, it is recommended to enable the guest network functionality. This will create another mesh network where the name is most likely "Your Network Name (Guest)"

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 1

Related Articles