IP camera learn IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IP camera learn IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IP camera learn IP
IP camera learn IP
2023-01-10 00:24:12
Model: TL-SF1005D  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I have connected an IP camera to the switch. The IP camera is PoE enabled. If no installation needed for the switch, how can I learn IP address of the camera?

As a general question:

Can I set the ip address of the network manually?

Will I need to use RJ45 to RS232 cable?

Regards

I have some experience in networks but not much.

Options
1 Reply
Re:IP camera learn IP
2023-01-11 17:55:46

@KurtWagner,

If you do not have a Managed Switch and yours is plug and play, you will be able to find the IP of the camera in the list of the client devices connected to the network on your router.

Depending on what camera you are using, there may be a site to use that will search your network for available IP video streams. If you would like to set static IPs for your device, I would recommend looking to create a Port Reservation on your router for the device. 

I would recommend looking at the documentation and support for your camera to see what they are offering in terms of applications or web interfaces. In rare cases, it may be necessary to connect directly to the camera to change settings.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 230

Replies: 1