Votes

Temporarily pause outbound internet for whole network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-16 22:20:07 - last edited 2023-01-17 20:29:55

Hello, Im checking to see if there is a setting that i can toggle to easily pause outbound internet access without the hassle of disconnecting my modem?

Thanks 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Temporarily pause outbound internet for whole network-Solution
2023-01-17 19:28:25 - last edited 2023-01-17 20:22:30

@chiefwiseone,

No problem,

I have already added your recommendation to the list of requested features for routers and parental controls. I am also going to transfer this thread to the Feature Request Section of the forums for other users to vote on.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Temporarily pause outbound internet for whole network
2023-01-17 17:28:56 - last edited 2023-01-17 19:28:38

@chiefwiseone,

You will need to look at the parental controls feature for your router. The parental control settings will remove the ability to connect to the internet, however, devices need to be individually added to the profile. There is also a wireless schedule feature. However, this simply prevents the router from broadcasting its wireless networks during a set time.

If you are looking for a hard disconnect for the entire network at once, you would need to look at the settings for the router that could potentially 'break' the WAN functionality.

I have no idea if this would actually work or how well a network can recover from this, however, you may be able to cut the WAN connection by using a cheap network switch connected to a smart plug that can be automated to turn on and off at specific times.

Options
Re:Temporarily pause outbound internet for whole network
2023-01-17 17:44:44 - last edited 2023-01-17 19:28:38

@Riley_S 

Thanks for the insight. I figured this was the case. Have a good one!

Options
Re:Temporarily pause outbound internet for whole network-Solution
2023-01-17 19:28:25 - last edited 2023-01-17 20:22:30

@chiefwiseone,

No problem,

I have already added your recommendation to the list of requested features for routers and parental controls. I am also going to transfer this thread to the Feature Request Section of the forums for other users to vote on.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 625

Replies: 3

Voters 1