W3600 setup unable to connect for WiFi step

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-26 12:16:48

I bought a 2 pack of the W3600 Deco unit, and one of my Deco's won't finish the startup process and become discoverable for WiFi setup. I was able to get one connected and setup, and I following the steps listed on the app for setting up an additional Deco but I'm unable to connect for the WiFi network portion.

The light stays yellow for approximately 1-2 minutes, goes to pulsing blue for 10 seconds, then solid blue for 10 seconds, then it goes back to yellow and repeats the cycle. I've tried to connect during the entire process but I haven't had any luck. 

I've tried all the essential steps, e.g. turning it off and on again, reset button, change location, and I changed the power cords around. 
I hope I didn't get a faulty device and assume there's an easier explanation for why it's being difficult.

Options
2 Reply
Re:W3600 setup unable to connect for WiFi step
2023-01-26 19:56:18
So have you tried setting that "failing" unit up as the main unit? So disconnect the current, working, one and start the whole process over to see if the second one is faulty. Process that I am thinking of is that if you do this and the unit in question does not allow you to connect, start-up, etc. then there is something wrong with that node and thus you will need to return the pack and get a new set.
Options
Re:W3600 setup unable to connect for WiFi step
2023-01-26 21:11:03

@Fizzius 

I've tried starting with the other part first, I think it's just a faulty box and I need to get a refund on the set

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 2

Related Articles