Cascading switches and passing DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-26 15:06:07
Model: TL-SG105   TL-SG116  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a home network with a 16-port SG116 connected to router.  One SG105 is connected to the SG116, and two SG105 connect to the intermediate SG105.  I'm having trouble with DHCP broadcasts making their way up to the router from the bottom level of this tree.

Do the SG105 or SG116 have any issues with this kind of tree structure?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cascading switches and passing DHCP
2023-01-26 18:01:50

@crunchy,

I looked through our docs and could not find anything in relation to the SG105, the only similar case is for an older SG105and was only for a specific hardware version. As far as I know, these switches should have no issue connecting in setups like this, as all it does is forward the connections to the router. If you are able to, you may try configuring the network to not use the intermediate SG105, as this sounds as though its adding additional hops, requiring the intermediate switch to handle essentially 9 Ports of Traffic

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 1