How to wired connect printer to Deco M5.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-27 12:09:32
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

Previously, I had setup of internet router with multiple devices hard wired including a main deco M5 and two wireless M5 extensions.

I finally can afford an internet speed increase,  so I called them and they sent me a new router.  Also had it set up in different room while they were at it. 

Now the setup is a little different. 

Router > wired main deco > two wireless decos.

I was able to connect everything I had previously wired via wireless connections except for the printer which doesn't have wireless capabilities.  

I saw there's an option to connect wired into one of the extensions M5 deck using LAN connection? But I can't find the printer now,  and i have no clue how to fix this as I'm obviously technically challenged.  

Please help.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to wired connect printer to Deco M5.
2023-01-27 20:15:46

@SylverHaired 

LOL, I can't help you with finding your printer, but I am assuming that you will eventually find it. 

Each Deco M5 node has two Ethernet connections. On the main Deco, be it Router or AP, one Ethernet will be used to connect to your new Internet Modem. 

Any open Ethernet port on either the main Deco or on one of the Sattelite Decos can be used to connect an Ethernet cable to a '"wired" network device like a printer. 

So go to Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Office Depot, Office Max or Menards and purchase an Ethernet cable long enough to reach from the closest Deco Node to the printer, once you find it :-) 

Options