HP Wireless Printer not available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-31 01:47:00
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I have an HP 8500 A90 Deskjet Printer.  It has worked great in the past on a previous home network.  Apple air print works fine on it currently.

My 2 Windows 10 machines will not connect to it, although it was working for a while.  then it started dropping the connection.  Running HP Print Doctor would usually fix it but that now has stopped working.  I assigned a static IP address to the printer when I first hooked it up.

When I look at Deco, it does not show the printer as being on the network.  I checked every device connected by mac address.  The printer wireless report shows it is connected to my network with an excellent signal, a channel selection, etc.  Printer security is WPA-PSK.

Deco security is set to WPA/WPA2.  

My internet is from a Verizon Wireless LTE I think.  PRetty sure it is not 5G and definately not Fiber.

The printer network finds my Deco main and Guest .  it also finds the Verizon device and my neighbors Deco main and guest account.  

The Air print working, the printer showing it is connected to my network, but not able to see it on Deco really has me confused.

Thanks,

Options
2 Reply
Re:HP Wireless Printer not available
2023-02-01 01:38:03

@JeffH57,

Do you know if the printer supports the 5Ghz range? If it doesn't the device may be trying to connect via that band, but that would not explain how Airprint is working, unless it uses the AirDrop Local Data Transfer when not available.

What you may try is to set up the guest network on your Deco, as this often has fewer features that could affect the connections. You would need to allow devices on the guest network to see devices on the main network, but it may provide a stable connection.

When you used the HP Print Doctor, do you know what the program was able to fix?

Out of curiosity, does your Verizon modem provide a wireless network?

If so you may be suffering from a double NAT connection and the modem would need to be placed in Bridge or Passthrough mode. Otherwise, the Deco network would need to be configured in Access Point Mode to avoid conflict with the Verizon gateway. It kind of sounds as though the printer is connecting to your network through the Verizon Gateway's wireless signal which would not be seen by the deco or the devices attached to the deco.

Options
Re:HP Wireless Printer not available
2023-02-02 20:03:33

@Riley_S 

Thanks a bunch,  I will check all this info and respond back.  My Son in Law has the exact same setup as mine with a slightly newer printer and i think his is all working fine.  I will do some research and let you know.

Thanks,

JEff

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 253

Replies: 2

Related Articles