Parental Control on Tether

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-02 17:22:38

I setup a 8hrs limit on tether and also a login and out alert sent to my email. It's been working fine until recently that i noticed the time used shown on tether is not reaching the limit. But if i check the email login and out notification time, the login time is well over 10 hours.

I understand that there could be an email delay, but closed to 3 hours off total?? Is it possible?

Also the daily history breakdown is only showing less than 3 hr of usage, is it showing all the site that the devices visited, nothing shown to be on for more than 20 mins, but I know the device spend more than an hour on youtube daily.

I also try rebooting it, but nothing seems to help.

Any idea to correct this would be appreciated!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Parental Control on Tether
2023-02-02 17:57:34

@KCal00,

Do you see any other devices connect to the network? It could be that the device is using a Private Addressing Setting that is causing the device to not be read as the same device from the parental profiles.

Also, what type of device is being used for this? If it is a phone, it is possible that background processes are keeping the connection alive but not counting towards the active time.

Options
Re:Parental Control on Tether
2023-02-02 18:16:06

@Riley_S I setup a parental profile for that tablet only, so it should only count the online time on that device only, correct?

The device is for my elderly mom, 80+, she doesn't know how to get around it, it was working fine last year, I am trying to limit her daily usage to 8hrs for her eyes protection. 

So does the parental control only count the actual online activities and not background activities?

Because when I log on to tether, 3x in the last 2 week, it was showing less than 8 hrs, but when i count the email log on/off hours, it is well over 10 hrs.

And the daily usage history is not helping much either.

Sorry, I am not super tech savvy. 

Thanks for your help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 318

Replies: 2

Related Articles