Client name won’t save

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Client name won’t save

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Client name won’t save
Client name won’t save
2023-02-06 05:07:41
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

When I update all client names on the app and save them they do not stay as the name that I updated. They turn back to unknown or other names given by the app. How do I fix this so I can tell what devices are on my network?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Client name won’t save
2023-02-07 17:24:37

@CorinaM,

To have the devices maintain their name after they disconnect from the network, you would need to either set up IP reservations or add the devices to a parental control profile so that the feature will instead MAC addresses to keep their custom names.

If you have phones that are not appearing correctly, it is possible that the private addressing feature is enabled for your home network on your phone. With this phone setting enabled, there is no way for the router to identify the device as a known client, as the MAC address is randomized each time your phone connects to the network

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 173

Replies: 1

Related Articles