Where are parental controls?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-07 08:23:22
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Where have parental controls gone? It used to be at the bottom of my app.a62ba3347717462f94500cb56bd5d5fb

Options
3 Reply
Re:Where are parental controls?
2023-02-07 18:34:28

@Lopezclan97,

The Parental Controls for Tether are found in the Tools Tab; Onlty Deco and Routers still using HomeCare rather than HomeShield have the parental controls still in the bottom bar.

You can see screenshots of how to find the setting here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2800/

There are a lot of updates coming to the HomeShield and Parental Control Features over the next few months, so this may change

Options
2023-02-27 06:09:14

@Riley_S 

I do not have the parental controls in the Tools tab, either. 

Screenshot

Options
2023-02-27 18:55:51

@Lopezclan97,

Make sure that you are logged into your TP-Link ID. You may also try reinstalling the app from the app store to see if that was the cause of the tab not appearing. If still nothing, try restarting your router to see if the option will then appear.

It is worth noting, just in case, if you are using the device in AP mode, you will not have access to any of these features as these would then be managed by the main router of the network. I believe that there are other configuration options that should be appearing in tools section, such as QoS; so this may be the case.

Lastly, I would recommend going to the webui for your router to see if you are able to change any of the parental control settings there. You can reach the web UI through http://tplinkwifi.net

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 3

Related Articles