Deco App Beta: Landscape Mode, Biometric Login, and Main Deco Replacement Feature

Deco App Beta: Landscape Mode, Biometric Login, and Main Deco Replacement Feature

2023-02-16 19:51:18 - last edited 2023-06-01 17:10:54

4b72cb68346041d68fde5f0ba1fad636

Early Access Deco App with Landscape Mode, Biometric Login and More!

Note: These Features Have Officially Launched for iOS - Please Update your Deco App to the Most Recent Version to Take Advantage of these features.

Our development team has taken note of our user's request to add better support for tablet users and our Deco App. Our team has been given a beta version of the Deco iOS app for everyone to test and provide feedback on the feature. This test flight adds the ability for users to use their Deco App in both Portrait and Landscape Modes for iPads! The orientation of the app should change based on the rotation of the tablet. If the rotation is not changing, please make sure that you have disabled the orientation lock from your tablet's settings.

Test Flight Beta APP: Test Flight Program Link

How to install the Beta APP in Test Flight: https://testflight.apple.com/

You May Withdraw from the TestFlight at any time by tapping 'Stop Testing' in the TestFlight App from Apple

EDIT - The Beta App has been updated to bring a few new features alongside landscape mode for tablets.

Please Update Your Testflight App if available;

Android Users may now download the Beta APK for testing here:  https://static.tp-link.com/upload/beta/2023/202303/20230329/deco_dist_3.3.13_20230328193954.apk

1) Passwordless Login Via your Phone's Stored Biometrics (Face or Fingerprint)

After Installing the Beta App, you will see the following instruction to help you enable Password-less authentication (Android is Given as an Example)

72ed14cd772d46fca6b6bae97a6b7d36

2) Added the Replace Main Deco function to allow setting up a new main deco to replace the current main Deco. After setup, the previous internet configuration/settings will remain the same.

To Replace the Main Deco with a New Deco, select the Replace Main Deco from the  '+' menu in the top right. Your device must be connected to the Deco's Wi-Fi to use this feature.

fa9d89efc1c34850af8ed1f14b34bebe

Once the new Deco is connected to the network via a LAN cable, the app will attempt to look for the node:

c18f8d59979d404d96236a568f99ea2b

After the New Deco is found, it will sync the previous network settings from the old main unit.

71dbe97e73034586b0fa8e9bc45a0c8d

Please Be Aware: The App Version provided through the Test Flight Program is an early access/beta release of the official Deco app. These Betas allow our Engineers to test the newest features and developments in real-world scenarios.

While this has been made available as a beta to the public, this in no way guarantees that a feature or version of the app will be released to the official branch, as further development may be needed. As these are still being tested, it may not be possible for our support agents to help if issues arise. The purpose of this TestFlight is to gather feedback for a particular feature; it is not recommended to use this version to reliably manage your home network. We Welcome Everyone to test the newest features and leave your feedback in the comments below:

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco App Beta: Landscape Mode, Biometric Login, and Main Deco Replacement Feature
2023-05-05 21:57:58 - last edited 2023-05-05 22:00:11

Hello @Riley_S I installed Test flight and followed the link but I am getting a Redeem Code pop-up askin for an invitation code.

Edit: nevermind, it workd on the second attempt...

Options
Re:Deco App Beta: Landscape Mode, Biometric Login, and Main Deco Replacement Feature
2023-05-31 23:09:39

@Riley_S 

This is my first time replying and commenting in this community. Please advise if I did anything incorrectly.

I read through this information and checked the date this was released as well as the edited date and unless I missed any information the latest edit  was 3/23/2023. I'm replying due to receive clarification. If I read the information correctly the information is in regards to using the Test Flight beta app to test using biometrics to login to the Deco app, to test changing the orientation if using an iPad and discovering a new Deco to change it to the main Deco. I purchased my first set of three x55 Decos March 8, 2023, purchased another set of three x55 Decos last week. I only use all iOS devices. I've used biometrics since day 1 to login to the app then setup my mesh network. I'm trying to understand what I'm missing. As I read this it reads as if this is being tested however the features were on the app when I got it from the App Store. Just trying to understand if it is in fact in test phase or has been released. Apologies if I missed information. I can say the features described have worked perfectly for me!

1. Passwordless Login Via your iPhone or iPad stored Biometrics, Face or Fingerprint - works perfectly

2. Deco App in both Portrait and Landscape Modes for iPads - the orientation of the app should change based on the rotation of the iPad -works perfectly on each of my iPads

3.  Replace Main Deco from the "+" in the upper right corner - works perfectly on my iPhone and on each of my iPads 

Thank you in advance for any clarification provided. 
Please excuse any typos 

Always Be Kind
Options
2023-05-31 23:48:14

Hey @StephH,

Glad to hear that the features are working well for you, and thanks for stopping by!

You're not missing anything, we just have not yet gone back to update the post to mention the official launch of the features. This test was first posted in February, when the features were still in development, and was done just prior to the official release so that our engineers could test the stability of the features before beginning a wider rollout of the features. 

Options
2023-06-02 09:56:11

@Riley_S 

Thank you for your prompt reply and providing clarification. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Always Be Kind
Options
2024-02-25 15:45:52

Please extend biometric login to your router products.

Options
2024-02-27 00:33:07

More specifically, extend biometric authentication to all your apps and products, Android included. Web login included.

Options
2024-02-27 05:13:42 - last edited 2024-02-27 05:15:28

@Rwcherry 

I have only ever used bio-metrics to login to my network. I decided to buy a Deco Network in March of 2023 and when configuring my network it had bio-metric as a feature. Depending upon which device I'm using (I use only iOS devices), it's either facial recognition or thumbprint. I have a TP-Link Deco Mesh Network. My network information is noted below:

X55 Deco US/V1.6

Firmware Version:

1.4.1 Build 20231122 Rel. 40485

Depending upon which TP-Link Router you're using, this feature may not be available at this time. 

By chance have you searched the community or contacted support to see if your router has the capability for bio-metric login?

Always Be Kind
Options
2024-02-27 18:27:13

@StephH 

I'm aware of the effort to allow biometric login for certain Deco mesh products; which is the reason I've posted asking them to quickly add that capability to all of their router products.

Mesh is not a good option for me. I live on a farm with large distances between buildings, external antennas work best for WiFi, and I tend to keep the functions of gateway, router, switch, access point, etc. separate. So right now I am testing 2.5G equipment with the TP-LINK ER707-M2. But I'm so tired of no biometric login, that I'm about to send it back.

I am able to login to ALL of my financial accounts using a biometric login.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 996

Replies: 8