Ethernet switch with router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-19 07:50:01
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

So here is my question....

In Las Vegas, you are charged after the 1st 2 devices connect to the hotel WIFI. My thought was to take an ethernet 5 port switch, connect the switch, via the ethernet port I am sure they have in the room. Then connect the travel router into the switch. Then connect all my wireless devices to the travel router. 

Will this setup work ? I know I can connect wirelessly to the travel router when connected to a switch, because that is how I originally set up the travel router from my home without issue.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet switch with router
2023-02-20 21:00:12

@Devildog 

It should work even without introducing a 5-port ethernet switch. Just connect your travel router to the ethernet port in the room. Then connect all your wireless devices to the travel router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 151

Replies: 1

Related Articles