Votes

Tapo light and soft reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-27 23:52:04 - last edited 2023-03-16 18:59:51

What is a soft reset

How do reconnect to my lights

And do I stop them flashing 3 times when I turn them on?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo light and soft reset
2023-02-28 01:37:34 - last edited 2023-03-01 01:56:49

@DarkSlice,

A soft reset will reset any of the network settings that you have set for the device, but will keep any other settings such as schedules, names, or room assignments. The purpose of the soft reset is to transition your device to a new wireless network without having to reconfigure every last thing.

The soft reset is accomplished via a short version of the Factory Reset, for devices with a button, it is pressed for 3 seconds rather than 5.

No matter which reset method you choose, soft or factory, the process to reconnect the device is the same and will stop the device from flashing three times(indicating the device is in setup mode)

You must press the '+' button in the Tapo app, and continue the setup process, where you will then be prompted to carry over the settings from a previous installation.

If you are having difficulties finding the device, try unplugging and replugging the device; and then trying to add the device again. If you are still having difficulty, you can delete the device that you are configuring from the list of offline devices.

Options
2023-02-28 07:38:06 - last edited 2023-03-01 01:56:49

@Riley_S 

Thank you, this is really painful on the smart bulbs (l630)

My kid comes in messes with the light switch and boom. I have to re-add every single ceiling light in the room..

Can I recommend increasing this value to 10 on/off switches on these style lights.

It's not the first time I've had to do this.

Options
2023-03-01 01:56:27 - last edited 2023-03-01 01:56:49

@DarkSlice

LOL, I have a feeling that this might not have been a considered case when designing the devices. I will definitely pass the feedback on that a longer sequence would be beneficial to some cases. Saying that, I believe that this sequence is hardcoded to the device, and can only be altered when a new version is released.

If you do not use the switches often and prefer to use Voice Assistants, my family has taken to putting little shields over the controlling switch so that it cannot be accidentally flipped.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.