Wireless Schedule On/Off Not Working Consistently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-06 03:20:46
Tags: #Schedule
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20220114 rel.1439

I'm using the Archer C4000. I program it to shut off every night from 11PM-4AM. However, sometimes it doesn't work.  

I obtained the current time, set it to "Get from the internet" and saved it.

I also have the wireless off scheduled from 23-4 "every day."

I updated the firmware not too long ago.

Could it have to do with the fact that my wife and I both have the Tether App on our phones that we use to interact with the router? 

Any help would be great. It's frustrating that it works some time but not the others.

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wireless Schedule On/Off Not Working Consistently
2023-03-07 01:02:23

@Shaner41,

You should have no issues managing the router from multiple apps, especially if they are using the same TP-Link ID. You may check on both your phones to confirm that the changes are reflected on both apps.  If you are concerned that this is causing the problem, you may try configuring this from the web interface directly. 

Is there any pattern to when the shutoff does not work? such as a day of the week?

When the shutoff is missed, is it a delayed shutoff, or is it completely ignored?

Options
Re:Wireless Schedule On/Off Not Working Consistently
2023-03-07 02:56:29

@Riley_S   Thanks much for the reply! I appreciate it.

The tether app on our phones does not have a wireless on/off schedule.  I always set the wireless schedule using the web interface - the 192.xxx... address (I sign in there.). 

I can't really find a pattern to when it works and when it does not.  It's either working or not - if it shuts off, it does it at the right times. If it doesn't shut off, it doesn't shut off at all (it is completely ignored, to answer your question).

I contacted support some time ago about this.  They said it had to do with me using my phone at work with the Wi-Fi there and then using the tether app at home on a different wi-fi network.  It seemed to be fixed, but then it quit working again.

Thanks again,

Shane

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 2

Tags

Schedule
Related Articles