Archer A7 keeps disconnecting from internet and my devices lost tonnectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-09 18:53:58
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Archer A7(US)_V5_1.2.1 Build 20220714

My Router Archer A7 has continous disconnection from the internet, MY ISP provider re configure their modem (the modem has also WiFi).

I reboot several times my Archer A7 router, I restore to Factory Default, I install on line the latest firmware and the issue persists, I download the firmware and re install it again.

it has the latest firmware version and the issue persists, this was start happening a month ago, before that time, the router was working perfectly.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 keeps disconnecting from internet and my devices lost tonnectivity
2023-03-10 22:17:59

@OscarD,

If your ISP-provided gateway provides an internet connection, then you will need to do one of two things either:

• Disable the Wi-Fi network from your ISP device by enabling IP passthrough / Bridge Mode or

• Change the operating mode of your archer A7 to AP mode. Keep in mind that this removes many of the management features from the Archer, as the Gateway provided by your ISP will be in charge of managing the network's connection.

Currently, it sounds as though you may have two routers operating on your network, which means that you also have two DHCP servers assigning IP addresses to devices. While a connection can be achieved in a setup like this, disconnects will always happen. Did your ISP gateway always provide its own Wi-Fi? There may have been an update to your modem that reenabled the routing functionality if it did not.

Options