TP-LINK AX3000 AX53 slow wifi speeds (no gigabit)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-10 09:08:26 - last edited 2023-03-10 09:13:25
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hello guys,

I have TP-LINK AX3000 AX53 router connected to my Intel AX210 wifi card with 2.4 gbps speed. The router is setup as Access point mode. My laptop and router are next to each other. There is also my desktop connected to AX53 with LAN cable. My desktop can get 1.0 gbps throughput easily and can copy files to my other servers with 113 MB/s speed.

However, my laptop file copying speed over Wifi fluctuates dramatically, between 113 MB/s - 80 MB/s. Sometimes the router can keep up and the file transfer is always 113 MB/s but most of the time it fluctuates. I upgraded the router firmware and wireless card drivers to latest to no avail. The laptop and server are all SSD, so no bottlenecks there and the laptop can also get full speed when connected with LAN cable. There are no 5G networks around to cause interference, and I tried all other bands, nothing changed. I attached a screenshot of the laptop transferring over Wifi.

So, is the AX53 really a weak router that can't keep up with these speeds? I mean, I only expect 1 gigabit connection from 2.4 gigabit but it can't even give that? Or is there anything I can try?

File:
01.pngDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 492

Replies: 0

Related Articles