Internet Light is Orange but...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-12 05:23:02
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0093.0 Build 200424 Rel.30148n(4A50)

I believe it started yesterday but I noticed that the internet light is in orange but

1. I can still access internet in my mac studio

2. My phone can access but its irregular and unstable.

3. Amazon echo cant connect

I pushed the rest button in the hardware and created a new connection. This is the connection Im using in creating this thread.

So, what exactly is happening here? If I am right, I would assume the problem lies in the router. Am I right?

But even though it shows no internet connection in the hardware, Im still able to access the net to some extent. Oh dear. what should I do?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet Light is Orange but...
2023-03-13 16:42:06

@Riro2023,

Have you been able to check either the Tether app or the WebUI to determine if there are any issues that could have caused this?

When you are able to get a connection on some devices to the internet, it is almost always an issue or incompatibility with the routing of the network. 

Most often, unstable connections that come out of nowhere are a result of an update to either your modem or router that changes the operation mode. Depending on what type of modem you have from your ISP, make sure that there is not a wireless signal being broadcast from the device, and make sure that the toggle for either IP passthrough, or bridge mode is enabled on the modem (this can be done via the WebUI of your modem, or via your ISPs app. If you were previously using the Archer router in AP mode, make sure that this has not changed back to the default router mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 1

Related Articles