AX5400 Pro copy from USB device VERY slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-16 18:05:09

Trying out my new AX5400 Pro I stuck a USB 3.0 memory stick into the port on the router and can see my files (several large MP4s) on various Windows PCs that I've tried. But when I tried to copy one of the files -- about 3GB+ in size -- from there to my Surface tablet, the transfer was painfully slow, going along at <500KB./sec and with an estimated completion time of 50 minutes! Considering the wifi speed this is really unacceptable to use for copying these files that way. Can it be speeded up?

Interestingly, the transfer speed was fast enough if I brought up the media player and played the MP4 at the filmed speed. But that's not what I wanted to use the file sharing feature for.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX5400 Pro copy from USB device VERY slow
2023-08-17 17:37:23

@rochrunner Same thing here. Very slow and unusable. Not only that but the name of the files I see are different from the name of the files actually on the computer. The AX5400 seems to be doing some real "sh*t" there and the USB is mostly advertized but not usable. Found a few guys on reddit with the same problem

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 1

Related Articles