AX1500 router does not appear on my phone or computer's wi-fi addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-20 18:00:20
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have tried multiple times to install my AX1500 wi-fi 6 router, scrupulously following directions, in different iterations of disconnecting and connecting.  But the router never appears on my phone or computer.  I am beyond frustrated.  Please help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX1500 router does not appear on my phone or computer's wi-fi addresses
2023-03-20 18:04:58

@NewportNadine,

If possible, I would recommend connecting your PC to your Archer and using the Web Interface to configure the wireless settings if you are having issues, as this is a more direct connection to the router, and does not require connecting to the Wireless Network. You may also use the Tether App to set the options for your router if you prefer.

When you are setting up the router, what step do you get stuck at? What is the status of the different LED indicators? 

Options
Re:AX1500 router does not appear on my phone or computer's wi-fi addresses
2023-03-20 18:33:27

@Riley_S 

The lights all go green on the router, and the modem lights are right.  But "TP-Link_ etc never appears on my list of accessible wifi networks.  Since Tether always tells me to first of all go to my router connection, I can't do that.  So Tether can't help.

Options