AX10000 Connection Drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX10000 Connection Drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX10000 Connection Drops
AX10000 Connection Drops
2023-03-21 01:25:26
Model: Archer AX10000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 build 20221128

Anyone with an AX10000 having random but frequent connection drops? Mostly seems to be over WiFi (both 2.4 and 5ghz) but I've noticed drops over LAN as well.  It was fine for the first month but now all of a sudden, with no settings changes since day one, it very frequently just cuts out... as much as a couple times every other minute. I can't seem to figure out what's going on and I've rebooted multiple times, even in combination with my modem. Also tried new cables, bypassing my brand new UPS, tried a completely different circuit, and eventually performing a factory reset. I'm out of ideas.

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX10000 Connection Drops
2023-03-22 16:57:29

@bkai,

Have you had the chance to go into your system logs in the WebUI to see if there are any errors being thrown when the disconnects occur?

When the dropout occurs, it would be helpful to know what side of the connection is causing this. For multiple devices to have dropouts at the same time, I would expect to see an issue with the WAN connection or the negotiation between the modem and router. If the behavior is limited to wireless devices, I would make sure that the router is continuing to broadcast the SSID throughout the drop, or see if the entire wireless network drops out for a second.

Is there a reason that you have attempted so many changes to the power supply given to the router? Is there an indicator that the router is underpowered or restarting each time?

Options
2023-03-22 19:09:53

@Riley_S 

Sorry, I accidentally left that out of my original post... I did look at the logs are there are no errors, everything looks fine there.  I tried a different outlet because I have a lot plugged into the one it's currently on as well as a new UPS, I just wanted to eliminate that as a possibility.  I didn't think to look to see if the SSID was still broadcasting.

Options
2023-03-22 22:08:21

@bkai,

I think that you can eliminate the power source as an issue as this is rarely the case, especially if the router is operating normally. I would double check that you go through the different filters for the logs, it is somewhat hard to believe that no messages would be given for behavior like this, but it is possible.

If you are using a wireless device when the connection drops, does the device disconnect from the network or only lose a connection to the internet?

If you have a device that you know will drop the connection each time, you may try to set an IP reservation for the device. This way we may get a clue if it an addressing issue.

You may potentially want to look at the logs for your modem or get in contact with your ISP to ensure that the WAN connection is not dropping.

Lastly, you may want to look into resetting and reconfiguring the network, as this would erase any cached or incompatible settings that are causing the issue, such as a WAN IP change.

Options
2023-03-22 23:38:39

@Riley_S 

When my wireless devices drop, they still have a signal, my phone's will often show "connected without internet".  I already have ip reservation for most of my devices, especially the few Apple devices since they are notorious for attempting to get the same IP regardless of lease times.

I'll try looking at my cable modem logs but I would assume a disconnection there would show up in the router logs.

I also had some static routes defined but I already tried removing those. I'm also using cloudflares dns, I suppose I could try disabling that

Options