Logged out of my account with "multiple failed login attempts" message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-28 02:13:49
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

I am logged out of my TP-Link Deco and Kasa accounts. I never logged out of the Deco and Kasa app on my iPhone but when I opened the Deco (and Kasa) app on my iPhone today, I get the login screen. After trying to log in, I get "Your account is temporarily locked due to multiple failed login attempts. Please try again in 10 minutes." After I try again in 10 minutes, still the same. So I followed the forgot password procedure and reset my password. After logging back in again, after 10 minutes I am logged out again with "Your account is temporarily locked due to multiple failed login attempts. Please try again in 10 minutes." 

WHAT IS GOING ON??????????????/

Apparently, my TP-Link Deco account ID is my email address. So anybody who has my email address and goes to the TP-Link website and tries to log in with my email address and fake passwords will automatically get my account locked because of the failed login attempts. Apparently there is no 2 Factor Authentication to protect against fake login attempts. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??????

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 458

Replies: 0