Adding a small Deco to my X90 pair

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-29 02:37:30
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently got a pair of x90s and they do a pretty good job of covering my 4500 sq Ft house with about 80 devices always connected, 100 at peak. However, there is one particular area where I don't have as Foos coverage, in an around the garage. This is frustrating because if I am on the phone when I get home, the connection will keep switching between wifi and LTE and the call quality gets choppy.

Is there a smaller Deco unit that I could add to my set up in order to improve coverage in this small area? I don't feel like I need another x90, and it would be good to not have to spend so much money. On the other hand, I don't want to introduce system instability or somehow decrease the performance of the x90s if this smaller unit was to become a bottleneck.

thanks for any advice!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding a small Deco to my X90 pair
2023-03-29 20:39:40

@MrPinrel,

Short Answer: Yes, You should have no problem using a lesser deco node as a satellite node, as the features of the network are mainly determined by your main node and all of our Decos are meant to work together to provide easy upgrade paths.

It is worth noting if you have done a lot of configuring and tweaking in the Deco app that there are a few features, such as node selection, that require each node to be compatible with the feature. If you use these features on your network now, I would recommend being careful to not choose an extremely old model that may not have received the 1.6.0 firmware yet, however the firmware is being rolled out to more and more models each week.

In general, you will not see any decrease in your network performance but will be limited to the speeds of the satellite node. A lesser node would only become a bottleneck if attempting to daisy chain deco connections through it, for this reason, I wouldn't put it in the middle of your home, but for your case it would work perfectly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 200

Replies: 1

Related Articles