How can I delete a configuration file

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-02 00:07:31
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

I'm setting up my router's VPN server and as part of the setup I accidentally generated a certificate with incorrect parameters.  I corrected the parameters and generated another certificate.  When I export the configuration file it appears to have two certificates in the configuration file - presumably the original erroneous one, followed by the corrected one.  I suspect this file will not work to set up remote clients, so I want to delete all certificates/configurations from my router and start over.  How can I do that?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How can I delete a configuration file
2023-04-03 21:57:59

@KMB,

If you corrected the parameters on the same configuration, it may be there as a sort of backup/certificate for clients that had already used it. I would double check to see the additional entry does cause the VPN connection to fail, otherwise there should be an option to delete connections in the WebUI of your router.

It may also be that the configuration was still in the cache of the router. Did you try to restart the router after changing the configuration to see if the file still has both certificates? 

Options