Deco X60 not assigning IPv6 addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-04 19:26:19
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 build 20220412 Rel 41022

I recently switched from a Netgear Orbi RBR50 which had zero IPv6 issues. I have enabled IPv6 and the main unit gets IPv6 address, but none of the LAN devices get an IPv6 address. Any ideas on how to solve this? Also has this unit been discontinued? The last firmware is almost a year old. 

Thank you.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco X60 not assigning IPv6 addresses
2023-04-05 17:10:01

@B_D,

In order to troubleshoot this issue, I would recommend first trying to reboot your network. Sometimes, devices can try to connect with old credentials and cause connectivity issues. It would be helpful to know if this issue is affecting all devices on your network, including both wired and wireless connections.

Additionally, it's important to confirm that you have configured the correct internet connection type in the Deco app. Some ISPs may require specific protocols or different credentials for IPv6 and IPv4. If this is the case, a toggle may need to be switched. Our FAQ on Configuring IPv6 on Deco may be helpful in this regard.

I would recommend looking at this FAQ we have on the topic: Configuring IPv6 on Deco to see if you had missed anything while setting it up.

Options
2023-04-05 18:18:15

@Riley_S  I appreciate the reply. I did reboot my network few times, but it didn't help. I tried multiple settings but only few had connection. Currently using Dynamic IP and Auto.

Options
2023-04-05 18:39:16

@B_D,

Who is your ISP? I would recommend getting in touch with them to see how they handle IPv6 traffic - that way you can make sure that these settings are correct and move on to other possibilities without it hanging over our heads.

I do also have to confirm that your modem from your ISP is not a gateway that is managing the IPv6 traffic and DHCP server, and is instead placed in bridge or passthrough mode. It would make sense that your deco is able to receive an address but the clients are unable.

Do you know if your devices are able to connect to the network and see each other? Or do they show in the list of connected clients from the deco app?

Options
2023-04-05 19:19:52
It's Mediacom. These were the settings that worked with the Orbi.
Options
2023-04-05 19:20:34
BTW is this product still receiving firmware updates or not?
Options
2023-04-05 20:05:03 - last edited 2023-04-05 20:08:49

@B_D

You did not provide your Hardware Version so I can't be positive, but I believe so, as I have not heard otherwise. You may actually be surprised to see how far back some of our firmware support will go for some models, such as the Deco M4. I even just posted beta M4 firmware that added new features. Even if a unit is not set to receive new features, which usually only happens many years after a release, it is not uncommon for our developers to push firmware updates to fix existing bugs or with security patches, it is just less likely to receive anything new.

I do know that we are currently in a period of rapid development of firmware that includes new optimizations and features. These are still actively being developed and released with the goal of bringing the firmware to as many networks as possible. given that the X60 is such a popular choice, it may be that the firmware is still being developed, they are just waiting to release a stable version of it.

We should know a lot more about the updates and models in the coming months.

Also, the reason that I mention that you should still check with your ISP is that different manufacturers will handle the traffic differently, with many routers only working as a proxy for translating the IPv4 addresses to the IPv6 that your ISP can work with. Also, the two settings that you have selected are technically both auto-configuring options where a handshake will need to occur between your modem and router - while connections can work fine under those situations, it may still be the cause if the negotiation is not successful.

Options
2023-04-06 15:24:24

@Riley_S I will provide hardware version when I get home. I'm just confused as to how come the main unit gets an IPv6 address while none of the devices on the network are assigned an IPv6 address. I will try to contact my ISP. I doubt the CSRs will have any idea what I'm talking about.

Options
2023-04-06 23:16:27

@B_D As far as I can tell, hardware version is US/4.6?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 8

Related Articles