What type of connection at the end of cat 8 cable do I need for using TP-SG108?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-08 14:02:33
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I want to run a 150 ethernet cable out to a separate building for my desk top.  I bought the TL-SG108 a few months back. Speed is about 25 Mega gigs in the house via AT&T DSL. 

• I want to know what is the best cable Cat8 to buy that will do the job and fit the TL-SG108. Mainly what type of Male to Male receptacles should I look for? will I lose speed when I do this? 

thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:What type of connection at the end of cat 8 cable do I need for using TP-SG108?
2023-04-22 11:33:54

@BillyP 

For running TP-SG108 which is a gigabit switch an ethernet cable of CAT 5e/6 will suffice - you won't lose any speed.

Male to Male receptacles can be standard RG-45s of a good quality.

The bigger problem would be the length of the cable segment - these cables segments can run up to 100 meters of distance.

For a distance of 150 meters you would need a second switch to achieve such a distance without losing the signal.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 1

Related Articles