one Deco constantly dropping offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-09 20:40:27
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

i have 4 Deco X20s, Three of them never have an issue but the 4th will just randomly drop off the network. It sometimes comes back after a restart, but sometimes it takes 2 tries to get it back online.

I have verified it is on the latest firmware

i have done a factory reset and added it back to the network.

When i check it I see that there are no devices connected to it even though there is a smart display and a wifi camera in the same room.

I also see that it connects to the main Deco instead of the  Deco in the office which is closer. I suspect this has something to do with the issue.

This all just started recently within the last month

Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:one Deco constantly dropping offline
2023-04-10 19:21:00

@madmanjustice,

I would assume from the behavior that you are describing that the final problematic node is the furtherst away from the main node. Oftentimes, if a satellite node can see the network from the main, it will try to connect directly, as each hop between a node will severely impact the quality and bandwidth of the connection. While it may sound odd, you may be able to force the connection through the other satellite by moving it further away. Otherwise, try moving the satellite closer so that the 2.4ghz backhaul to the main is more stable.

If possible, we always recommend using a wired backhaul as there will not be a decrease in the quality and speed of the connections to satellite nodes.

You may also try exchanging two of your satellite nodes to see if the behavior was specific to that specific node, or is a result of the location of the node.

Lastly, In the most recent firmware updates that are being pushed to Decos, there are two added features for your exact situation. 

Signal Selection - Allows selecting what node a specific client will connect to 

Node Source Selection - Allows you to select how a node is connecting to your network, whether through a satellite or directly to the main.

The teams are working to bring this firmware to as many Deco models as possible so make sure to check for updates to your network so that you can make use of the feature when it first releases.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 168

Replies: 1

Related Articles