Tp link deco not connecting to myQ garage door

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-12 11:04:57

Yesterday installed the tplink deco mesh network at my house. Works great, good coverage awesome speed good to go. I connected all 100 devices in my house to the new network with ease. Then I got to my lift master garage door opener with the MyQ app that the other router was connected fine to for years and it wants nothing to do with the new tplink deco. I've tried EVERYTHING. Has anyone else had a problem with this router and their new tplink deco mesh system?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Tp link deco not connecting to myQ garage door
2023-04-12 16:16:01

Hey  @Joejoejoejoe,

I think myQ devices are relatively infamous for having trouble connecting to networks. I know that some users have had success with setting an IP Reservation for the device that is on the lower end of the range available. For others, setting the low IP was the only thing that would fix the problem, however, you may also try to connect this to your guest network, as this is typically a 2.4Ghz connection.

Otherwise, I would recommend looking at the support site for the myQ device, as they provide plenty of troubleshooting steps specific to myQ devices.

Options
2023-07-14 16:11:43

@Joejoejoejoe

I have the same issue and it is not a myq device problem the website is blocked from Deco. It used to work fine and all of a sudden 2-3 months back it stopped working. I came to find out yesterday that the website has been blocked by deco. I am not able to browse the website from any laptop (gives me a 403 error). But if i use a vpn or tether using my phone's network it works. 

Options
2023-07-14 19:07:41

@skb-here,

Before we go any further for troubleshooting, it may still be a similar situation if its a device problem - try Disabling the SPI Firewall Option on your Router and seeing if the device will be able to communicate.

If that does not allow the traffic to pass, try turning off the Real-Time Protection to see if this feature is causing the disconnect.

Lastly, if it is not a firewall problem, you could try changing the DNS server for your network to a different common service, such as Google or Cloudflare

Options
2023-07-14 19:27:32

@Riley_S 

Thanks for your reply. I am essentially getting a 403 if i try to browse the myq website from any laptop or browser (tried with both mac and windows). But i can get to the website from the same laptops if i tether my cell phones LTE.

Was able to replicate the same issue on my phone with the my q app. App will give a server error when connected to my home wifi but will work fine when the wifi has been turned off.

I was not able to find the firewall option in the deco mobile app could you please provide me a screenshot of how to get it done. I have tried switching off Real-Time protection but it has not helped.

Options
2023-07-17 23:14:07

@skb-here,

If you are getting the server error,  they mention on their site that TCP port 8883 must be open to traffic on your network or else the devices on your network will not be able to connect to their servers. Try setting a port forwarding rule for your device.

You should also potentially look at assigning an address reservation for your device. There have been a few niche cases where oddball devices like RingChimes do not like to be assigned a high-ranging IP address for some reason. Others have mentioned that using a lower IP reservation has fixed some issues that popped up.

To clarify, is it the general myQ site that you cannot access, or is it a site-specific for controlling your devices?

Options
2023-08-02 03:31:07

@Riley_S 

I will repeat again this is not a myq device problem. The general myq website and the mobile phone application has been suddenly blocked by Deco. 

This is a very strange behavior i have tried switching off the malicious filter but it still doesn't work. Not to mention that i do not have any website in the blocked list.

This is not an ISP problem as everything works perfectly if i plug in my old netgear router.

IMO a firmware update might have caused this.

Options
2023-08-03 19:08:58 - last edited 2023-08-03 19:09:38

@skb-here,

The settings that I mentioned above will have a potential effect, as it affect how the Deco will forward the traffic through the network. It may simply be that the Deco is not automatically opening the ports for the garage automatically. If this is the case, see if you have enabled uPnP on your Deco network, as this will automatically open the ports when needed.

The old netgear router may work because UPnP is enabled - many newer routers and systems will not have this option enabled by default.

What specific Deco System Do you have? Do you have any parental control profiles setup? (Even if not for the device)

If possible,  try adding the device to either the Guest Network, or IoT network to see if there is a difference; using the Guest Network's isolation policies may allow for the device to communicate beyond the reach of your network.

Options
2023-08-03 20:32:25

@Riley_S 

You are really missing the point here and not able to understand the issue.

The website is not opening and the cell phone application has been blocked by deco that is the problem!!! It has nothing to do with the myq devices.

I have deco m9 plus firmware 1.6.1.

Options