AX1500 Hardware 1.2 Wifi connection issues after 1.3.3 Firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-26 22:03:10 - last edited 2023-04-26 22:07:28
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.3

Firmware Version:

1.3.4 Build 20230220 Rel. 71494(5553)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX1500 v1.20

After recent firmware update, I had to "Forget" network ID on ALL my devices and re log in to the router. The problem is a few devices even today need to log in twice. Meaning, I log in once and the connection says "Connected but without internet", then I have to log off/end connection, etc and re log back in. Then and ONLY then can I have a stable Internet connection. Let's NOT dwell into the phrase I used "Stable connection." I dont need help with stabilizing my connection.

(1) I have already narrowed the bandwidths on both frequencies from Auto 20/40 to 20Mhz only on both bands.

(2) I have also scanned the airwaves for neighbors' channels and selected the best channels for my setup. 

(3) I have deselected Smart Connect.

(4) I have disabled OneMesh as I do not have Mesh devices.

(5) I have Enabled IGMP Snooping as it was disabled.

(6) I have unplugged the Fiber Terminal, the router, all my switches, devices and powered them up one by one as they Lock On, starting at the Fiber terminal and working my way up the the client devices. 

(7) All devices' MAC IPs are in the DHCP Zone. Some devices are Dynamic and have static IPs with their MAcs being Reserved.

(8) Yes, I have tried technical support by email only. I am very busy all day with work and home/family life. Everytime I respond, I get a new technician. This is not a viable solution as the new technicians all ask the same questions. Answering them is moot as the next person apparently doesnt read what I wrote the last person.

Items that do NOT need help logging in are my NEST Thermostat, my Sylvania light bulbs, all the Alexa Devices, doorbells and cameras, and ALL my PCs/Laptops. The ONLY items needing help DOUBLE logging in are my Android Phones, my TVs, my gaming systems, and my iPads. 

The solution so far has been to connect, disconnect, then connect once more. Voila', no more issues......until I turn off the device or the device losses the connection. Then I have to restart the process. This NEVER happened before the update. In fact I never had ONE problem at all out of the box. I update the firmware ONE time and Arghhh! Headaches!

Anyone else having this issue? 

TP-Link? Any ideas?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 0

Related Articles