Tether App Login Failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tether App Login Failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tether App Login Failure
Tether App Login Failure
2023-05-03 10:30:14 - last edited 2023-05-03 10:39:56
Tags: #Tether App Login Failure
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220715 rel.19099(5553)

I have installed the latest version on my Samsung Plus iPhone and when I try to access my network it says "Login failed. You may be connected to a guest network, limited by parental controls or your network is unstable" However it works fine on my laptop web browser.

A few things I have enabled in the router setting

1. Guest network is enabled but they can not see each other or access my local network.

2. parental controls are disabled but I was using them for a while.

3. access control is enabled with the default access mode whitelist

Acess control image

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether App Login Failure
2023-05-03 14:59:55

@VishalMakhijani 

Using Access Control a new device will not be allowed on the network unless it's in the whitelist.  A whitelist is an implicated deny all clients not on the list.  Additionally with Android and Apple devices now having a built-in MAC address spoofer Access Whitelist will require constant updating each time the MAC on your device is spoofed. I would recommend disabling the Access Control List, at least temporarily, and if the phone is allowed access you will know it has to do with Access Control and likely this MAC spoofing feature on your device. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 1

Tags

Tether App Login Failure
Related Articles