Ethernet Backhaul not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-08 16:00:28
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to create an isolated network for a 3d printer.

About 500 feet from my desk to 3d printer.

Deco #1 LAN port 1 to  Deco #2 LAN port 1

Deco #2 LAN port 2 - Creality Sonic Pad

When I connect to Deco #2 wireless; I can connect to 3D Printer IP address.

When I connect to Deco #1 wireless; I cannot connect to 3D Printer IP address.

How do I confirm if Ethernet Backhaul mode is working?

When looking at the Deco phone app, only shows 1 Deco device instead of 2 like when I originally set them up when they were close to each other.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ethernet Backhaul not working
2023-05-08 22:28:16

@gnome-123,

I would make sure that your satellite deco is connected to your network, you should be able to see both nodes on your Deco app - even when using a wireless backhaul - and there will be a place where you should be able to see what backhaul is being used.

What is the LED status of the satellite Deco Node?

Are you able to connect to the internet with other devices connected to that specific node, wired and wireless?

I will also mention that a 500ft run of cable is definitely pushing the limits of the cable, as all cables are tested and rated for 100meter runs.

Options
2023-05-09 18:34:52

I found the setting to change one Deco from Router to AccessPoint. Deco app sees both devices now.

Still an issue with One Deco communicating to the other Deco.

Deco 1 - IP: 192.168.68./

Deco 2 - IP: 192.168.0./

I'll see if I can get Static Routing Tables configured so one network subnet can connect to the other one.

Options
2023-05-09 20:01:05

I got it working how I wanted it but had to end up using two different brand devices.

DECO with is left as is.

Netgear router - changed IP address to match the same IP range as the DECO.

Created Static Reserved IP addresses for the DECO and 3D Printer.

I can now connect to either wireless network in the warehouse and both can connect to the 3d printer.

Not sure why I can't do this with two different DECO devices of the same model. XE75

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 248

Replies: 3

Related Articles