Deco X4300 Pro VPN issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X4300 Pro VPN issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco X4300 Pro VPN issue
Deco X4300 Pro VPN issue
2023-05-08 21:46:20

I recently purchase the X4300 Pro as an upgrade from another Mesh Network I've had for a few years. The older mesh network from a different vendor works flawlessly, but is isn't WiFi 6. When I connect my laptop to the device via wire I can connect to my corporate VPN and everything appears to work, however when I try and actually use the connection nothing seems to work. When I disconnect from the Deco and connect back to my older mesh everything works as intended.

I'm not sure what information you need, but the TP Deco is up to date and the VPN connects but is unusable.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X4300 Pro VPN issue
2023-05-08 23:05:07 - last edited 2023-05-08 23:05:14

@mseedii,

You may need to open specific ports for your client to successfully connect to your VPN server - what service are you using?

I would also check to see if uPnP is enabled or disabled, as this is the service that will automatically open and close ports based on active connections. If the service is disabled, then the connection cannot pass through as the port is not being opened automatically. 

In more recent devices, it is not uncommon to see the setting disabled by default.

Options
2023-05-09 12:48:43

@Riley_S 

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm not sure I understand you answer though are you saying I have to open ports on the X4300? The VPN connects fine it's just when I go to access a resource on the corporate side that it says "Connection timeout". I don't know how to find what ports are being used and I'd need assistance opening ports on the X4300.

Options
2023-05-09 16:19:50

@mseedii,

Yes, most services use specific ports for their connections, such as Cisco's Anyconnect VPN server requiring port 443 to be opened. Depending on what VPN service you are using the required ports may be different.

You can see the steps in this guide to manually open a port on your Deco, but I would first recommend seeing if the uPnP setting is enabled or disabled, as this is what most likely made your last router automatically work with the service. You can see where to find the setting in the first screenshots of the FAQ.

How to Set Up Port Forwarding on Deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 3

Related Articles