4g backup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

4g backup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
4g backup
4g backup
2023-05-20 00:35:25

I want a cellular backup to my Deco X20.  I am willing to replace and upgrade to get a fail over to cellular 

my other option is a Cradlepoint add on but trying to avoid adding additional complexity to my home network.  I have solid internet with little interruptions but just want redundancy.  Recommendations?

Options
1 Reply
Re:4g backup
2023-05-22 18:08:27

@Kamdon,

Unfortunately, Deco doesnt have any features for failover connections and Link Aggregation is usually specific to our higher-end Archer Routers. No matter what, to get the best experience you will most likely be looking at adding some sort of hardware to your network configuration.

If your connection is relatively stable and you only need a connection in dire circumstances for essential use (not gaming) you may simply look at the hotspot/MiFi devices offered by your cell phone provider to bridge the gap.

If you need something that will automatically transition your connection, you will need to look at other solutions such as a high-end business-class switch or another device to bridge the two WAN connections.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 197

Replies: 1

Related Articles