Wired vs. Wireless Backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-22 01:56:24
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've had the new BE85 (3pk) for a couple of weeks and overall it's working well.  The only thing that I've found to be strange is that my PC which is wired into one of the nodes seems to be getting faster speeds from the node when the node is using a wireless backhaul (1.3GBs+) vs wired backhaul (800-950Mbps).

Any thoughts on what might be causing the slower speeds on wired backhaul?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wired vs. Wireless Backhaul
2023-05-22 17:23:31

@TitanTy,

Do you happen to know what speed your ethernet cables are rated for(CAT5/5E/6), and if they are passing through a network switch?

You could try to use that wire to the main deco and wire it directly to the PC to see what speeds you are able to get. You will also be able to check the negotiated rate to see what bandwidth the wired connection is capable of.

It may be that the cable is only rated for gigabit speeds and is simply maxing out. You could also try setting a high priority device for the PC in your QoS settings to see if this will allow your PC to connect with higher speeds, however I highly doubt it will help.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 1

Related Articles