Accessing USB Drive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Accessing USB Drive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Accessing USB Drive
Accessing USB Drive
2023-05-22 20:19:29

Hello All.

I have a Toshiba 1TD drive attached to an AX5400 router via USB. I am using Windows 11. The drive is recognized and shows up as a Media Device when I view through file explorer, However, I cannot view the files in File Explorer like I can with my other hard drives. When I left click on the drive icon, I get a "Minidnla" status page showing me how many files are on the drive. If I right click the drive icon, an option is to "open media player". I have switched this drive out with another and get the same problem, so it is not a problem with the drive itself. I need to be able to manage this drive like any other drive, which means to view the individual folders, files, etc,, and to read/write. 

This problem IS DRIVING ME NUTS and I will appreciate any help to solve this once and for all!
Thank you so much!

Mooselook

Options
1 Reply
Re:Accessing USB Drive
2023-05-25 00:28:12

@Mooselook,

I would make sure that you have all the sharing and security settings configured in your webUI to share the correct folders, and I would also make sure that you have the protocols enabled for your PC.

We have two FAQs available that provide guides and solutions for USB Drive Access, I would first recommend following through the guides and verifying that everything has been set up such as the protocol, storage type of the drive, and that the SMB protocol is enabled on your PC.

How to Access the USB Storage Device on Archer Routers

Can't Access the USB Storage Device of Your Router

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 1

Related Articles