Cisco AnyConnect VPN issues

2023-05-24 16:33:42
Tags: #VPN Connection
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230517 Rel. 48243

Corporate VPN will disconnect and reconnect repeatedly while connecting through either Wi-Fi or Ethernet to the Deco unit at home.  However, VPN connection is stable when hotspotting through my phone or other networks.

I've walked through numerous troubleshooting steps with a senior engineer in TP-Link tech support with no success which included reverting to a previous firmware version and even using my previous Netgear Nighthawk as the primary router and the Deco unit as an access point.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cisco AnyConnect VPN issues
2023-05-24 17:58:45

Hey  @rally1010,

Have you taken a look around the forums for posts about Anyconnect yet?

There are a few solutions that have worked for users, such as simply setting the gateway address manually or creating an IP reservation for the disconnecting devices, or by removing some of the advanced features for the client devices such as turning off mesh networkign, beamforming, and fast roaming.

Each case of AnyConnect seems to be different as there are so many requirements for required ports and such. I would try using your VPN connection both with and without UPnP enabled, as it is relatively common to see this setting disabled by default.

What was the verdict of your support session? Were they able to point you in a direction based on their findings? 

Do you happen to see anything in your deco system logs that would indicate a problem while connected to your VPN?

Options
2023-05-24 18:57:03

@Riley_S - Hi there, thanks for the prompt reply.

I actually tried this, but entering the gateway address manually disconnected my internet.  I've looked around the forum a bit, but nothing has worked for me so far.  I'll try switching on/off the UPnP, but I'm currently back on my old router for work - couldn't afford another disruptive day.

The senior engineer wasn't able to resolve the issue, so I received a replacement unit.  System logs didn't indicate any errors either.

I see that this issue has been noted since 2021.  Will there eventually be a firmware update that will fix this?  It's clearly not a hardware issue.

Options
2023-09-27 08:00:36

@rally1010 

I just got a three pack of the X55 Decos and also having this issue. I've read through a lot of the forums but don't seem to be any updates or firm solutions. Hoping they figure it out soon, otherwise will be returning....

Options
2023-11-22 22:04:35

I had similar issue with Cisco Anyconnect.

The issue was related to me putting my modem in passthrough mode.  I turned off passthrough mode and disabled the wifi on my Verizon Wireless 5G.  I did everything suggested in below video and my wireless speed almost doubled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKbBI38MML8

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 840

Replies: 4

Tags

VPN Connection
Related Articles