Client List - Connection Unknown

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-25 13:37:55
Tags: #Client List
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20221103 Rel. 43293

Looking at the list of LAN clients in an Android app, I see one client (an LG smart range) missing, even though the connection works fine (i.e., I can access the range from its app).

Looking at this list of clients in a browser, I see clients shown as "wired", "wireless(2.4G)", or "wireless(5G). The LG range is also listed, with a valid IP address, but its connection is shown as "-". A screenshot is attached. What could it mean? Thanks!

Client List - Unknown Connection

Options
4 Reply
Re:Client List - Connection Unknown
2023-05-25 17:43:01

@Libs,

Your Range may have some sort of network sleep technology. If the range is powered on, does the client list show the connection method?

Also, I assume that you have your Deco in Router mode - since things like this may happen if you have your nodes in AP mode.

Lastly, if your Deco node has a hardwired connection for its backhaul, but the traffic travels through a switch, there are a few devices that may not show the correct connection method. I would also make sure that the IP address in your LG app for the range matches what you have listed. While unlikely, it is possible that the range connected to the network as a new device.

Options
2023-05-25 20:56:47

@Riley_S,

Thanks for your response! Very quickly, the range is online: I can see the status of the cooktop and the oven in real-time. One of my Deco nodes is indeed in router mode, the other two are essentially repeaters; at this time, I don't have a backhaul connection, although I am plannng to add it once I am able to entice my electrician to pay us a visit (routing cables through walls is not my forte). I do have a switch in my office which is connected to one of the repeater nodes, everything that is wired to it is identified correctly.

So I finally did what I should have done earlier, that is, reluctantly rebooted the whole mesh. As a result, now I have 14 clients as repoted in a browser, of which 4 list no connection type! Among them is Chromecast, which is not some God-forsaken non-name wifi plug! Now the Android app does list all of them, with "unknown" clients not having a connection symbol (i.e. no wifi arcs, no Ethernet wiggle).

In the browser, when I list "All Deco's" clients, I see all of them, including those with "-" as connection type. But when I list them by node, I see only those that have a meaningful connection type.

My diagnosis: a minor bug in Deco firmware, v.1.0.1, Build 20221103 Rel. 43293. I can live with it.

Thanks again!

Options
2023-05-26 16:47:27

@Libs,

It looks like you are not using the most up-to-date firmware for your Deco, which may have bug fixes for this behavior, as there have been a few updates made to optimize the client list. You are also missing out on some of the newest features that will help with problematic devices such as Static Routes, IoT networking. 

You can find the latest firmware and patch notes on your Product's Downloads Page

FAQ: How To Upgrade the Firmware of Your Deco

If your Deco cannot see an available upgrade, you may try changing the DNS server of your network to see if this was blocking the automatic upgrades.

Options
2023-05-28 21:58:37

Thanks,  @Riley_S !

Unfortunately, I made a mistake when specifying the hardware version of my X55. It is actually 1.26, and firmware version "Deco X55(US)_V1.26_1.0.1 Build 20221103" is the latest available for download. Even though I bought my X55 new and only a month ago, a newer hardware version of this product, v.1.60, has apparently already been released. This makes me think that I should not raise my hopes of seeing a new firmware version for hardware v.1.26 too high...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 269

Replies: 4

Tags

Client List