Configure two access points

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-03 13:04:59
Tags: #WA3001
Model: TL-WA701ND  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello. This is actually about the TL-WA3001 access point but the form did not include this model. I am trying to configure two of these access points on the same LAN network. They are located about 50ft (18m) apart and are broadcasting the same WiFi SSID. I want to combine 2.4ghz and 5ghz together into one SSID on each, but when I do so there is no ability to select different channels or bandwidths. The units always pick the exact same channels to broadcast on, which I think causes issues with selecting the better connection. When I separate out the bands, resulting in four WiFi SSIDs all named the same, many of my devices have trouble maintaining a connection.

It seems that until a firmware update comes out, these units are better when only one is used. I'm used to OpenWRT which gives supreme flexibility, but that is not available on this unit.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

CE

Options