Connect Deco X-20 by Ethernet cable to existing Technacolor modem/router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-13 12:54:21
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can I connect Deco X-20 by Ethernet cable to existing Technacolor modem/router?

Do I need new SSID even if connecting x-20 to modem/router via Ethernet cable?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect Deco X-20 by Ethernet cable to existing Technacolor modem/router?
2023-06-13 16:41:13

@CashFlowZap,

Your X20 can be connected to your modem and router in a few different ways depending on what you are looking for. I would first take a look at our FAQ: The Difference Between Router and Access Point Mode on Deco

If you are only extending your existing Wi-Fi network, you will be looking at using AP mode - Which does not require any settings to be changed on your Gateway; and, if you would, like can be configured to use the same wireless SSID as your Gateway.

Router Mode, on the other hand, will allow to take full advantage of the features of the Deco network however, you will need to configure your Technicolor Gateway to use IP Passthrough, or Bridge Mode. This will disable the routing functionality of your Gateway and allow your Deco to operate as the central router for your network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 289

Replies: 1

Related Articles