Setting up PX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setting up PX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setting up PX50
Setting up PX50
2023-06-16 14:26:47
Tags: #setup advice
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: Don't have it yet - so I don't know this or the HW Version

I've ordered it from this amazon link  (3 units) and I'd like to get some setup advice for my situation.

I'm an old apartment with very thick "pre-war" walls.  I have 1G FiOS in the living room  room, and I have ethernet run through an hole in the baseboard to adjoining room next to it so I can have a wired connection to a computer.

I'd like to get good wifi for my apartment, and also keep my wired connection in the adjoining room.

Is this the way for me to set it up:

• set up main PX50 in living room
  • turn off wifi on Verizon device
  • run ethernet from main PX50 through wall into adjoining room
    • connect ethernet in adjoining room to switch
    • connect computer to switch
    • connect second PX50 to switch
  • install third PX50 in another room (no ethernet connection)

Alternatively, should I run the ethernet from the living room from the verizon device to the switch

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting up PX50
2023-06-20 13:02:57

@rlyacht 

I would do the connections as you describe.

I would pay special attention to the way each PX50 is connected to the power: directly in the wall, with no intermediate multi socket appliance.  That will provide the best media for the powerline capability.
I would disable all features (wifi, routing, dhcp) in your verizon appliance, and run the Deco in "router" mode.

Alternatively, if you decide to keep routing and dhcp in your verizon appliance, you would run the Deco in AP mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 227

Replies: 1

Tags

setup advice
Related Articles